Tuesday 2 February 2010

White opal can be pretty


As I mentioned when showing my "chubby snowflake", I'm not a big fan of Swarovski's white opal (or any white opal for that matter). To me it just look like someone has poured water into an almost empty glass of milk. But since I have lately come to love opal glass I have found one thing I like about white opal: It looks lovely when coated.

Above is an oval fancy stone in white opal volcano that I just had to buy after seeing it for the first time. And I was not disappointed! Not too long ago I was given a package of bicones in white opal starshine. Plus I have a small chaton in white opal sky blue. Such pretty blues (and I don't even like blue that much).

Now I just want to find other white opal stones with coatings! Both custom coatings and genuine swaro coatings like golden shadow or satin. What would for example vitrail, heliotrope or tabac look like on this colour, I keep wondering.

And plain white opal? Sorry, still don't like it.

3 comments:

  1. l totally agree with you. White opal rocks - looks really classic even more so the Swarovski crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you please tell me where I can purchase these white opal volcano coated stones? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my stone from seller BeadingInTheRain (can be found on eBay, Bonanza, Etsy and Artfire I believe -- not sure if they have all stones listed in all places so look around). Here's the eBay page: http://stores.ebay.com/Beading-In-The-Rain

      Unfortunately it's an unusual colour so it can be hard to find... I hadn't seen it before finding that seller and the seller don't seem to have any in at the moment.

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...