Wednesday 14 December 2011

Tangerine Tango?



In an earlier post, I wrote about taking on Pantone's Color of the Year as a personal colour challenge. I've been going through my stash to try and find something in the appropriate shade and it came as no surpise that most of my oranges where brownish, such as different topaz shades and indian red. Most of my reds are dark, maroon and burgundy. But I did find some hyacinth orange glass beads, a red-yellow murano flower bead that's sort of red-orange like Tangerine Tango -- and then my orange and purple viscose gimp cord, as seen above.

I bought this space-dyed cord from Stef Francis, thinking I like purple and that orange was kind of nice paired with my favourite colour, but since then I just haven't found a good project for it. Guess it's time to find one now. The purple is sort of the kind of purple found in the Pantone spring colour trend report, I'll be using for my challenge. Maybe it isn't exactly Tangerine Tango, but this will be an interesting part of my challenge, finding a good use for this gimp.

PS! I have used gimp in my jewellery at least once before: the green cord in my ribbon jewellery project Vaucresson Rose necklace.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this color being a challenge. I don't think in orange and just did a blog post this morning about the same thing. Too funny. I'm determined to work it in to a design here and there and hoping it might grow on me.

    I was introduced to your blog via Erin, at Treasures Found! So glad she sent me your way! I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    Have a terrific evening!

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...