Wednesday 11 April 2012

Czech bead mail



Yesterday I got a message from the Post telling me I had to pick up a parcel. Noticing the country code on the slip (which never tells you who the actual sender is), I immediately knew what it was. It was difficulte to wait a whole day before being able to pick it up. Because it was of cause bead mail. From the Czech Republic and Preciosa Ornela.




This is the fab autumn-coloured loot I won at Pearl's blog (The Beading Gem's Journal). Crappy pics, but what can I say? I was so excited, I just had to share some pics the instant I got home. You can click on the pics for close-ups if you want to see more detail.




The bags of seed beads in different sizes also included twin beads and farfalles. A lovely mix of metallic, colour-lined and topaz coloured beads I can't wait to use. My one and only bag of twin beads is running low so the timing was perfect -- now I even have multiple colours of twins.



And then there was a big bag of pressed glass beads too. I'm going to sort them soon so I can get a good overview of what's in that pile. Lots of shapes and colours, including some I hadn't seen before. Yum!



It was not just beads. I also got a nifty beaded pencil and pen with seed beads in (a few of them striped, my latest "seed bead colour obsession" as it happens!). And I got a folder, which is also exciting to a hoarder/collector/colour addict beader like me because it contained colour charts and also other goodies like a bead size chart, project instructions, a leaflet about their bead shop etc. And it makes a very useful source of reference material for bead bloggers like me.

If you know me, you know that about 1/3 of my bead stash is seed beads (incl. shapes like drops, twin, tila etc), 1/3 are Czech beads (seeds and some Preciosa crystal, but mostly pressed glass and fire-polished) and 1/3 is a mix of everything else. So not only did I win beads, which is really fab in itself, but also beads in a colour scheme I like and, above all: it's czech beads! (And info about czech beads, which is also great for a bead nerd/"bead colour collector" like me even if it might sound strange to be so pleased about getting promotional material.)

I'm so thrilled about this prize -- I won a jackpot and I'm so happy for it! Thank you so much, Pearl and Preciosa Ornela, for doing this giveaway! *happy dance*



6 comments:

  1. Whohoo! Awesome :)enjoy your new goodies and be sure to share any pics of what you eventually turn them into ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far I've mostly just played with the beads and sorted the bead soup, but while I'm embroidering at the moment I hope to get around to actually using some of the beads soon. Have thought about doing a new free tute so the new beads could come in handy then.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! This is a real treasure. Hm...a new free tute...sounds interesting. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, can't promise anything about the tute. No idea what sort of project I want to make. Just know I want to do one (it's that or a giveaway, kind of). But I hope the beads will inspire me to do something fun. ;-)

      Delete
  3. What a great haul! I love autumn colors, and I prefer the more organic shapes of Czech beads to the precision of Japanese ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do that too sometimes. It really depends on what technique I'm using and what effect I'm after. I'm a big fan of Preciosa Ornela seeds as well as Miyuki and Toho.They all have their own specialities when it comes to both shapes (Twin, tila, long magatama) and colours/finishes so for a seed bead colour addict like me it's a great diversity.

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...